Create a JourneyYou author a Journey from the teacher workspace or within a specific Queue.
To do this from the workspace, open the “Library” tab and click the “Create Journey” button at the top right of your screen.
There are several parts to fill out in a Journey:
- First, add a question. You can use a question submitted to the Queue, or author one yourself.
- Record your intro video. The video is 60 seconds or less, giving you just the right amount of time to create a storyline to inspire curiosity to learn more.
- Once you have your video recorded, you can add your steps. A step should include an instruction on what to do, and can any learning content you want to include via weblink.
- Next upload a preview image to represent your Journey. If you don’t add one, Recap will use a screenshot from your video.
- Select a subject category and grade level for your Journey.
- Publish to Discover– You have the option to publish your Journey on Recap Discover. Publishing makes it available to other teachers, and makes it available for them to use in their own Queues.
- Assign– You can assign the Journey to any of your Queues, to launch them on a self-guided activity.
- Save for Later– If you’re not quite ready to finalize your Journey, you can choose to save it and finish it later.